Once a volunteer has been appointed, it is important to make sure they settle in, feel well-informed and valued. Below is a simple checklist you can follow to ensure every new volunteer is comfortable with what is expected.
- Provide an orientation guidebook or kit
- Provide copies of current newsletter, annual report and recent marketing/promotional material
- Provide a copy of the constitution
- Enter the name, address and contact details of each volunteer into database
- Gather and file copies of qualifications