The Committee is responsible to manage the centre on behalf of the members which includes:
- Planning future directions
- Developing policies and procedures
- Communicating with members and responding to feedback
- Developing and managing external relationships
- Obtaining resources and ensuring that all financial and legal matters are properly managed
- Ensuring that all members of the Committee act as leadership role models
- Making decisions that are in the best interest of the centre and not for individual gain.